Thursday, February 17, 2011
Sec 3 camp is 4 days later.

To prepare myself in case I really that 'lucky' enough to get a kiss from a leech, I have done some research... (I know the vendor dude say there are very very few, but there are still some right? Besides, I'm going kayaking :) )

Guess what I found on wikipedia :

One recommended method of removal is using a fingernail or other flat, blunt object to break the seal of the oral sucker at the anterior end (the smaller, thinner end) of the leech, repeating with the posterior end, then flicking the leech away. As the fingernail is pushed along the person's skin against the leech, the suction of the sucker's seal is broken, at which point the leech should detach its jaws.[6][7]

Common but medically inadvisable techniques to remove a leech are to apply a flame, a lit cigarette, salt, soap, or a chemical such as alcohol, vinegar, lemon juice, insect repellent, heat rub, or certain carbonated drinks. These cause the leech to regurgitate its stomach contents into the wound and quickly detach. However, the vomit may carry disease, and thus increase the risk of infection.[6][7][8]

An externally attached leech will detach and fall off on its own when it is satiated on blood, usually in about 20 minutes (but will stay there for as long as it can).[8] Internal attachments, such as nasal passage or vaginal attachments, are more likely to require medical intervention.[9][10]


Oh god I don't want leech vomit or leech snot in me. And I'd rather eat a juicy mutant cockroach then have the leech stick its filthy vagina into my beautiful legs. I shall use the fingernail method, but I'm not going to use my own fingernail, of course.

DIE LEECH, DIE!





Tagboard

Profile
ShuTian!
Hi! Let me introduce myself. Above is my big name. I was born on 120896. I now reside in sunny Singapore. Went to Northland Pri before graduating to Yishun Town sec. Member of SJAB :D(;
Facebook Twitter Blogskins Formspring Flavors
Affiliates
Annabel
Cai Wei
Czarina
Dawn
Erica
Hazel
Joyce
Serena
Suqin
Ting Hui
Yuling
1e3'09
2e4'10
Credits
Layout by: Swsfen Personal Blog Bascodes: ★CRUSHthespeaker Banners from: TheFadingNight Blockquote codes: SleepingToys Colour codes: Cbox.ws